What is CIF number? Where can I find my CIF number? How to use my CIF number? And many more question regarding the CIF number you might have. CIF number is a very useful information related to your banking. So here we are with all of your answers in our new article.
State Bank of India is the largest bank of India and one of the biggest bank in the world. Banking with SBI you can experience a better experience of banking. SBI also cares for its customers and hence SBI provides many valuable services for the customer convenience.
To find SBI CIF number you can follow different methods and here we are going to discuss some of them using them you can easily identify your SBI CIF number. So let’s follow the Instructions.
What is CIF Number and What Does It Mean?
“CUSTOMER INFORMATION FILE NUMBER” (CIF code/number) is an often used word during different means of banking. So before we start finding it first we should know about it. Actually, CIF code is an 11 digit unique number provided by banks to each and every customer to identify them digitally in their database.
Here we are providing you more information regarding CIF Number. Take a look.
- This is an 11 digit unique number provided by the bank to each and every customer.
- This digital file contains all your banking data.
- Every account in the same bank is linked with a single CIF number. So no matter how many accounts you hold in a single bank you will be linked with CIF number.
- This provides convenience to the bank to access all personal detail of the customer at one place.
- These details include loan details, KYC details, address, credit card details and etc.
Different Ways to Find SBI CIF Number:
There are these 6 major ways using them you can find your SBI CIF NUMBER. Let’s take a look on them.
- Find SBI CIF Number on Passbook.
- Find SBI CIF Number on Chequebook.
- Find SBI CIF Number on Statement.
- Find SBI CIF Number by Customer Care.
- Find SBI CIF Number online
- Find SBI CIF Number from Bank.
Now let’s check out these all methods one by one and step by step.
Find SBI CIF Number on Passbook.
To find your CIF number on your SBI Passbook just follow these instructions:
- Open the very first page of your SBI Passbook.
- Now see on the top of the left side on passbook.
- You will find CIF Number written there with your Name and all account details.
Find SBI CIF Number on Chequebook.
To find your CIF number on your SBI Cheque Book just follow these instructions:
- Open the very first page of your Cheque Book.
- See all details along with your name on that.
- You will easily find your SBI CIF Number in these details.
Find SBI CIF Number on Statement.
To find your CIF number on your SBI Cheque Statement just follow these instructions:
- Take a look at your SBI statement.
- CIF number is present there on the very starting of the statement.
Find SBI CIF Number by Customer Care.
To find your CIF number by calling Customer Care Support, just follow these instructions:
- These are the customer care numbers of SBI;
1800 – 11 – 2211, 1800 – 425 – 3800, 080 – 26599990
- To know your CIF number make a call on any one of them.
- Register for Phone Banking there and ask customer care executive for your CIF Number.
- Customer care executive will tell you your CIF number after verifying all your details.
Find SBI CIF Number online
To find your CIF number online just follow these instructions:
- To avail this service first log in to your SBI Online Account using your User ID and Password.
- Select the option of Account Statement in the left sidebar.
- Now select the account and date range and then press GO.
- Now you can see your CIF number just above your IFSC code.
Find SBI CIF Number from Bank.
To find your CIF number from your bank just follow these instructions:
- Take a visit to your SBI bank branch in which you hold an account.
- Please take all your personal ID proofs such as Pan Card, Aadhar Card etc.
- Ask the GRAHAK MITRA or the bank executive for your SBI CIF Number.
- They will verify your account details and your IDs.
- After all verifications, they will let you know about your CIF Number.
- You can use these methods to find your CIF number of any bank you hold an account
- Passbook and Cheque Book are the fastest way to know your CIF Number.
- CIF is a very common bank detail you always need approximately in every kind of bank work, so it’s better that you should note it down on your phone or your diary for your own convenience.