We know that the Income Tax Department notified each income tax payee to link Aadhar card with pan card until 31 march 2020 Without linking the tax return cannot be filed.
Initially, the deadline to link pan with Aadhar car was 31st August to 31st December 2017, and now it is further extended to 31st March 2018 to simplify the process of linking. But kindly note that on filing the income tax return, if you have not linked our Aadhar card then tax department will not process the returns until PAN and Aadhar are linked.
That’s why many people visit the official website of the department for e-filing and link the two identities. In both of the case, it is possible when both names are identical or with a minor mismatch.
People can link Aadhar card easily with the pan; the Income Tax Department has made it easy for taxpayers with just a 2 step process that does not require even log-in or any registration process.
TWO STEP PROCESS TO LINK AADHAR WITH PAN
- First, go to the official website of income tax of India form the following link:
- Now click on the link of Link Aadhar situated on the left side.
- Next, give PAN number, Aadhar card number and name correctly as per given on Aadhar card and submit it. Once the UIDAI verified the details, the linking of Aadhar card and pan card is confirmed.
If there is any mismatch in Aadhar card name, then it requires OTP verification. Please make sure that the gender and date of birth in PAN and Aadhar are precisely same.
If the name of Aadhar card and PAN is completely different then linking is not acceptable and tax-payer have to change the name in either Aadhar or PAN database.
This process is also followed by after log-in to the income tax website. For this method follow the steps given below:
- First, go to the official website of income tax of India and register yourself at the income tax e filing portal. For that go to the link given below:
- Next, Log-in into the e-Filing portal of the IT Department by providing the log-in ID, password, and date of birth.
- On log-in into the site, a pop up will appear that notify you to link your PAN card with Aadhar If the popup is not shown then go to the profile setting and click on ‘Link Aadhar.’
- Now give necessary details like name, date of birth and gender as per the registration process of the e-Filing portal. Now verify it twice with Aadhar card details.
- After visual verification, enter captcha code and chit the tab of “Link now” button.
- If all details match then a pop-up message will show you that said, “Your Aadhar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.”
LINK AADHAR AND PAN THROUGH SMS:
Yes, now you can link Aadhar card with PAN via single SMS. For that you have to send an SMS on either 567678 or 56161 from your register number in the following format:
UIDPAN<<SPACE>><<12 digit Aadhar >><<Space>><<10 digit PAN>>
For example UIDPAN 301289302930 BUFPPR270K
It is all about how to link PAN with Aadhar card. If you find any queries related to this article, then use the comment box given below to share it. Thank you!